ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Wednesday to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Syed Ali Mardan Shah, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of the seventh session:
- The House met for 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1545 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 20 minutes.
- As many as 55 MPAs (33%) were present at the outset and 76 (45%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MMAP and TLP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House offered its condolences and prayers for PPPP MPA Syed Ali Mardan Shah who passed away on January 19, 2020 due to cardiac arrest.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 23, 2020 (Thursday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…