ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2020: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the Annual Budget 2020-21 on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 7th sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for six hours and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1120 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for five hours and 35 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House attended the sitting for two hours and two minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for five hours and 38 minutes.
- As many as 14 MPAs (8%) were present at the outset and 44 (26%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, GDA and PTI attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of nine minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of nine lawmakers – PPPP (5), PTI (2), and MQMP&GDA (one each) – participated in the budget debate for five hours and 59 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- MQMP lawmakers opposed the provincial budget 2020-21 and walked out from the proceedings at 1432 hours. They did not return to the House till adjournment of the sitting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 26, 2020 (Friday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills and adopted a resolution condemning publication of blasphemous caricatures in France, says Free…