ISLAMABAD, March 1, 2021: : The Provincial Assembly of Sindh could not address most of its agenda on Monday due to the protest of treasury and opposition lawmakers in the House, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of 18th session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1211 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker attended the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the proceedings for 59 minutes.
- Thirty- seven legislators (22%) were present at the outset and 73 (43%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, PTI and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Eight out of nine minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative business, a privilege motion, an adjourned motion and five Call Attention Notices (CANs) appearing on today’s Order of the Day.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of 10 starred questions. In addition, the lawmakers asked 21 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers belonging to PPPP and PTI chanted slogans and exchanged unwarranted remarks against each other. Their protest disrupted the proceedings and the Chair announced to adjourn the House to meet again on March 2, 2021 (Tuesday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceeding conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Friday and discussed presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network…