ISLAMABAD, March 25, 2016: Starting 55 minutes behind the schedule, the third sitting of 24th session of the Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned just after two minutes due to lack of quorum on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network.
The House did not take up any of the agenda appearing on the ‘Orders of the Day’, as only seven percent Member turned up to attend the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1055 hours against its scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Eleven MPAs (7%) were present at outset and the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F, PML-N and PTI were absent.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and referred two bills to the relevant committee for deliberation, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and unanimously adopted a resolution to pay tribute to Hazrat Shah Abdul…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…