ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left almost 80 percent of its agenda unaddressed in the absence of Leader of the House on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 19th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for an hour and 33 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1150 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 13 minutes.
- As many as 71 MPAs (43%) were present at outset and 86 (52%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, MMAP, MQMP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Eight out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not consider the Sindh Finance Bill, 2019 and a report related to National Finance Commission (NFC) Award.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Women and Development responded to three out of four starred questions. In addition, the lawmakers asked 23 supplementary questions.
- The Minister for Local Government responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) which was regarding illegal constructions of commercial plazas at residential plots of KDA in Liaqatabad Karachi.
- The House did not consider four other CANs and an adjournment motion.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a point of order for three minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 05, 2019 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up any question related to the Home and Local Government Departments due to the absence of…