ISLAMABAD, August 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left around 92 percent of its agenda unaddressed on the Private Members’ Day, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 29th sitting of the fifth session:
- The House met for two hours and 15 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1640 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 40 minutes while a Member of Panel of the Chairperson chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 69 MPAs (42%) were present at outset and 79 (48%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP, MMAP, PTI, MQMP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Eight out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- Moved by PTI Lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution regarding negligence of K-Electric during recent rains Karachi resulting death of 20 persons and injuries to several others. As many as six lawmakers spoke on it for 37 minutes.
- The House did not consider four private resolutions, a private member’s Bill, five private motions and 27 Amendments in the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up three out of four starred questions related to Planning and Development In addition, the lawmakers asked 14 supplementary questions.
- The House did not take up an Adjournment Motion of a PTI lawmaker due to his absence.
- A PTI lawmaker withdrew his privilege motion against an officer of police department after the assurance of the government to look into the matter.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmakers spoke on a point of order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- PTI lawmakers protested on the floor of the House for seven minutes against the criticism of a PPPP lawmaker on their leadership during his speech.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 28, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…