ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and adopted two supplementary resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 16th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for an hour and 43 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1638 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 12 minutes.
- The Opposition was present for an hour and 20 minutes.
- As many as 49 MPAs (29%) were present at the outset and 42 (25%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PTI, GDA and MQM attended the proceedings.
- Five out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take any agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’ including five resolutions and as many private motions, 28 amendments in Rules of Procedure, two private members’ bills, a report of Standing Committee on Irrigation on a legislative proposal and an adjournment motion.
- Tabled by an MQM lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn decision of Pakistan Cricket Board for sacking Sarfraz as Captain of Pakistani cricket team. The mover and Minister for Information and Archives spoke on it for eight and three minutes respectively.
- Tabled by a PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted another resolution against the federal government’s refusal to have two members from Sindh in the five-member Indus River System Authority (IRSA). Five lawmakers expressed their views on it for 20 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Question Hour was not observed.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 25, 2019 (Friday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 20, 2020: The district administrations struggled to regulate the prices of the essential items amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. During the third week of…
ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2020: The 21st Session of National Assembly was prorogued on Friday after concluding debate on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 14, 2020: The requisitioned Session of Senate was prorogued on Thursday after two days debate on measures to tackle COVID-19, observes the Free…