ISLAMABAD, February 03, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left entire agenda unaddressed during 11th sitting of its 23rd session on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The House unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the killings of PIA workers in Karachi.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for five hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1108 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Fifteen (9%) lawmakers were present at the start and 63 (38%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting for 241 minutes while the Deputy Speaker presided over the remaining proceeding.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for two hours.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 4 hour and 16 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-N, PML-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Five minority members attended the sitting.
- Tabled by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn the killings of PIA workers in Karachi on February 2. Thirty-four members spoke on it for four hours and 50 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on fourteen Points of Order consuming 15 minutes of the proceeding.
- MQM lawmakers protested twice within the House. The first protest continuing for four minutes was against non-provision of resolution’s copies to them and the other token protest for one minute was against the attitude of the Chair who disallowed the Opposition Leader to speak further on supplementary resolution.
- “Orders of the Day” was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 22, 2021: The Sindh Assembly on Thursday took up its entire agenda and passed two government bills, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday without taking up any agenda item except question hour due to exchange of harsh…
Session Prorogued for an Indefinite Period ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed three government bills and took up three Call Attention…