ISLAMABAD, March 5, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left most of its agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of 18th session:
- The Assembly met for 58 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1142 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House was absent while the Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for five minutes.
- Forty-eight legislators (29%) were present at the outset and 59 (35%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP, PTI, MQM-P, GDA and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Six out of nine minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative business, an adjournment motion and a privilege motion.
- Sponsored by a PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution demanding the provincial government to write off the farmers’ agriculture loan.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up all (three) starred questions. In addition, the lawmakers asked 23 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 8, 2021 (Monday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceeding conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…