ISLAMABAD, August 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh did not take up most of the Private Members’ Business on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 24th sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1533 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and seven minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired rest of the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 53 MPAs (32%) were present at outset and 60 (36%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP, MMAP and PTI attended the proceedings.
- Four out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- Moved by PTI lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution demanding the government for ensuring anti rabies vaccine in all the emergency centers and hospitals of Sindh. As many as nine lawmakers spoke on it for 37 minutes.
- The House did not consider four private resolutions, five private motions,28 amendments to the rules of procedure and conduct of business of the assembly and a private members’ bill.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Information and Archives responded to all seven starred questions. In addition, the lawmakers asked 16 supplementary questions.
- The lawmakers belonging to PTI withdrew his privilege motion after government’s assurance on resolving the matter.
- Moved by PTI lawmaker, the House admitted an adjournment motion regarding increase in street crimes in Karachi for discussion on August 22,2019.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 21, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned early on Tuesday without addressing questions and Call Attention Notices included in the…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…