- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, September 02, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh did not take up most of the regular business on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 32nd (last) sitting of the fifth session:
- The House met for two hours and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1517 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 40 minutes while the Deputy speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 38 minutes.
- As many as 38 MPAs (23%) were present at outset and 63 MPAs (38%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP, MMAP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The Minister for Energy introduced the Coastal Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2019 which was referred to relevant Standing Committee for further consideration.
- The House did not consider report of a Standing Committee, five Call Attention Notices and an adjournment motion.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up four out of nine starred questions related to Prisons Department. In addition, the lawmakers asked 21 supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as eight lawmakers spoke on points of order consuming 21 minutes of the proceedings
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members' agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab could not start debate on price control and law and order situation due to…
ISLAMABAD, February 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted a resolution on Friday amidst protest by the opposition…