ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed one government bill and continued pre-budget discussion on Tuesday during 13th sitting of its ongoing 24th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and 23 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1055 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 50 minutes while the rest of proceeding was chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Speaker and the Chief Minister were absent.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for 76 minutes.
- 32 lawmakers (20%) were present at the start and 54 (34%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-N and PTI were present.
- Three minority members were present.
- Five members applied for leave.
- Tabled by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House unanimously passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill 2016.
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs introduced the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sixteen lawmakers took part in Pre-Budget discussion that consumed three hours and 22 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on five Points of Order consuming seven minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 24, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted its entire agenda and passed the Sindh Finance (Amendment) Bill, 2020 on Monday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, August 21, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed five government bills and adopted a supplementary resolution on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn blatant human rights violations in the Indian-Occupied Kashmir and…