ISLAMABAD, August 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh did not take up its regular agenda on Friday but adopted a supplementary resolution to ensure appearance of detained lawmakers in the House after issuance of production orders, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 27th sitting of the fifth session:
- The House met for an hour and 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1143 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 47 minutes while a member of panel of chairperson chaired rest of the proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 52 MPAs (32%) were present at outset and 44 (27%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of TLP, MMAP, PTI, GDA and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Five out of nine minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- Sponsored by a PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution to ensure attendance of detained lawmakers in the Chamber after issuance of their production orders.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two out of seven starred questions related to Energy Department. In addition, the lawmakers asked 13 supplementary questions.
- The House did not consider five Calling Attention Notices and two Adjournment Motions.
Order and Institutionalization
- Five lawmakers spoke on points of order for eight minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 26, 2019 (Monday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2020: The Senate on Thursday referred five government bills to the relevant committees, which were related to the Financial Action Task Force…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: The 24th session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued on Wednesday after holding debate on issues at Pak-Afghan border in Chaman as…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: Traders disregarded the official prices of pulses in around two-thirds of the surveyed districts, meat in more than half of the regions,…