ISLAMABAD, November 8, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday skipped its regular agenda to consider a government bill and also adopted two supplementary resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during 22nd sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for two hours and 58 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1605 hours against the scheduled time of 1430 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 41 minutes while rest of the proceedings was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for two hour and 56 minutes.
- As many as 41 MPAs (25%) were present at the outset and 26 (16%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and TLP attended the proceedings.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed the Provincial Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 after presentation of Standing Committee‘s report on it. As many as 13 lawmakers spoke on it for 43 minutes.
- Moved by a GDA lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to pay homage to Baba Guru Nanak on his birth anniversary. Six lawmakers participated in debate on this resolution for 33 minutes.
- Moved by a PPPP lawmaker, the House also adopted a supplementary resolution condemning the decision of Federal Government to dissolve Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and urged the provincial government to set up its own Sindh Medical and Dental Board. Four lawmakers spoke on it for 17 minutes.
- The House passed a motion to suspend the regular agenda for immediate consideration of the government bill.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not observe Question Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on November 13, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was available to the media and observer.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The 9th session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued on Friday after two days debate on measures to tackle COVID-19, observes…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan (MMAP) lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The Senate took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn violation of human rights in…