ISLAMABAD, December 18, 2015: Starting 46 minutes behind the schedule, the Provincial Assembly of Sindh took up most of its agenda items on list of the business during 6th sitting of its ongoing 22nd session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Sindh Assembly met for 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1046 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Sixteen (9%) lawmakers were present at the start and 50 (30%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- A maximum of 50 (30%) members attended the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker and the Chief Minister were absent.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the sitting for nine minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of MQM, PML-F and PML-N attended the sitting.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs presented the Sindh Sales Tax on Services (Amendment) Ordinance 2015.
- The Minister for Environment, Coastal Development Authority and Cooperation introduced the Sindh Minimum Wages bill, 2015.
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs presented a report of the Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges about a Question of Privilege moved by a PPPP lawmaker. The Minister also presented four Audit Reports of Auditor General of Pakistan that were referred to the Public Accounts Committee.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of nine starred questions appearing on the agenda. Ina addition, the members also asked eight supplementary questions.
- Raised by an MQM lawmaker, the House took up a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding shifting of Sindh Social Security Hospital Hyderabad. The CAN was responded to by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers belonging to PML-F, PTI, PML-N and MQM protested within the House against the attitude of Speaker. They complained for not considering the rules in running business of the House.
- Members spoke on two Points of Order for two minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was available to the observers and the public
To download the Factsheet, Click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid opposition’s protest on Friday, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly transacted entire agenda and passed three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…