ISLAMABAD, January 29, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Balochistan adopted two resolutions demanding action against those involved in Sahiwal shootout and to equip levies force on modern lines, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during second sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for two hours and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1605 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the proceedings for an hour and 22 minutes while a member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 14 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 13 MPAs (20%) were present at the outset while 27 (41%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JWP, BNP-M, PkMAP, MMA, BAP, ANP and HDP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the lawmakers belonging to ANP, PkMAP and BNP-M, the House adopted two resolutions recommending the federal government to ensure action against those involved in Sahiwal tragedy as well as murder of Naqeeb Ullah Mehsud and to equip levies force with modern equipment.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Question Hour was deferred till January 31, 2019 due to absence of the concerned ministers.
- As many as ten members participated in debate on drafting a policy for mineral and natural resources in Balochistan. The discussion continued for an hour and 21 minutes.
- The House deferred the debate on the drought issue in Balochistan.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as seven lawmakers raised three Points of Order consuming 23 minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 30, 2019 at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is/is not available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is/is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 9, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed law and order situation and damage caused by heavy rainfall in the province, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, April 8, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the ongoing fiscal year 2018-19 during the requisitioned session on…
ISLAMABAD, April 2, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly’s proceeding remained suspended for an hour and 53 minutes (48 percent of the sitting) due to absence of the…