ISLAMABAD, April 8, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the ongoing fiscal year 2018-19 during the requisitioned session on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceeding during first sitting of the 11th session:
- The House met for two hours and 32 minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for 35 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1715 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 38 minutes while the rest of the proceeding was chaired by a Member of Panel of Chairpersons in the absence of the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House attended the proceeding for an hour and 12 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 18 MPAs (28%) were present at the outset while 23 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of MMAP, PkMAP, ANP, BNP-M and BAP attended the proceeding.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House held general discussion on Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for financial year 2018-19. As many as 17 lawmakers participated in debate for an hour and 40 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Opposition staged a token walkout against the remarks of Minister for Food on its demand to constitute a committee regarding distribution of funds among districts.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on April 9, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 24, 2019: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday without taking up its scheduled business in respect for the late Federal Minister for Narcotics…
• 51 lawmakers remain inactive during the proceedings ISLAMABAD, May 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted 56 percent of its scheduled business during…
ISLAMABAD, May 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh’s fourth session was prorogued sine die on Saturday after passing a government bill on police reforms, observes Free…