ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan witnessed the presentation of provincial budget for financial year 2016-17 during first sitting of 30th session on Sunday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 33 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1615 hours against scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- Thirty two (50%) lawmakers were present at the start and 51 (80%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister was present.
- The Leader of Opposition attended the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, NP, PkMAP, PML, ANP, JUI-F and MWM were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- The Chief Minister presented the annual budget statement for the fiscal year 2016-2017 and the supplementary budget statement for the year 2015-2016 consuming 86 minutes of the sitting time.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on two Points of Order consuming one minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills on Saturday but was adjourned due to lack of quorum pointed out by…
ISLAMABAD, October 10, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and failed to take up any of the questions appearing on its agenda as…
ISLAMABAD, October 7, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan witnessed introduction of two government bills and presentation of four reports of Standing Committees on as many…