ISLAMABAD, June 3, 2016: The National Assembly witnessed presentation of the Finance Bill 2016 on Friday during second sitting of 33rd session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House was adjourned to meet again on June 6, 2016 at 1600 hours.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1717 hours against the scheduled time 1700 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting,
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Sixteen Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 158 MNAs (46%) were present at outset and 167 (49%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, ANP, QWP-S, PML, AMLP, JI, BNP-A, MQM, PML-Z and APML attended the sitting.
- All ten minority members were present.
- Federal Minister for Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization presented before the House the Finance Bill, 2016, the Supplementary Demands for Grants and Appropriations for the financial year, 2015-2016. The budget speech consumed an hour and 39 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Leader of the Opposition spoke on a Point of Order consuming three minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
- The copies of the budget speech were available to the concerned.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2019: The Leader of the Opposition formally opened debate on the Federal Budget 2019-20 in National Assembly on Wednesday, after a consensus was developed…
ISLAMABAD, June 18, 2019: The proceedings of National Assembly remained suspended on Tuesday for an hour and 59 minutes (67 % of the total duration) due…
ISLAMABAD, June 17, 2019: The sitting of the National Assembly was adjourned on Monday due to the protest by treasury lawmakers during the opening speech of Leader of the Opposition on the Federal Budget…