ISLAMABAD, January 26, 2018: President of the Republic of Indonesia, Joko Widodo, addressed joint session of the Parliament on Friday, says the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The session started with the national anthems of both countries. The Indonesian President addressed the House for 15 minutes.
The National Assembly’s Speaker delivered a note of thanks to Indonesian President for his visit to Pakistan during his seven minutes welcome address.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of 12th Joint Sitting.
- The Joint Session lasted for 34 minutes.
- The session started at 1823 hours against the scheduled time of 1800 hours.
- The entire sitting was chaired by the Speaker of National Assembly. The Deputy Speaker was also present in the House.
- The Senate Chairman and the Deputy Chairman attended the entire sitting.
- The Prime Minister and the Opposition Leader in the National Assembly attended the entire sitting. Similarly, the Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader in the Senate were also present during the entire sitting.
- As many as 318 legislators (71% of the membership) were present at the start while a maximum of 352 (79%) lawmakers were present at the time of adjournment.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PPPP, ANP, JI, APML in National Assembly and of ANP, PTI, NP, PML, PkMPA, BNP-A, JI, PML-F and PML-N in Senate were present.
- Seven non-Muslim MNAs and three minority Senators also attended the session.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Indonesian President addressed the House for 15 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Parliament proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2019: The Senate took up its entire agenda on `Orders of the Day’ while the government laid the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, January 23, 2019: The government introduced the Finance Supplementary (Second Amendment) Bill 2019 in the National Assembly on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2019: The National Assembly continued the debate on the killing of unarmed civilians by Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) in Sahiwal, says Free and…