ISLAMABAD, March 26, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) debated the Annual Development Program and passed a private member’s bill, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for three hours.
- The sitting started at 1420 hours against the scheduled time of 1330 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House was absent.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 45 MPAs (36%) were present at the outset while 50 (40%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of all parties having representation in the House attended the proceedings.
- As many as two out of three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Minister for Revenue and Estate introduced the KP Land Acquisition (Mines) (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- Moved by a PTI lawmaker, the House passed the KP Provincial Buildings (Management, Control and Allotment) (Amendment) Bill, 2019. The bill was introduced in the House on March 20, 2019.
- The Chair gave a ruling that Ministers should be punctual in the House to respond parliamentary interventions related to them.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House debated the Annual Development Program and 15 lawmakers – ANP and MMAP (five each), PTI & PPPP (two each) and PML-N (one) – participated in the discussion that continued for an hour and 45 minutes.
- Sponsored by a PML-N lawmaker, the Minister for Food responded to a Call Attention Notice (CAN) regarding special relief efforts in those areas of Abbottabad receiving heavy rains and snowfall.
- The House did not take up another CAN due to the absence of mover which demanded to award M. Phil allowance to government employees holding MS degree.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order consuming eight minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 27, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1330 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…