ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) suspended the regular agenda on Tuesday and discussed the violations in western route of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition didn’t attend the sitting.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during sixth sitting of the 21st session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1519 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Thirty lawmakers (24%) were present at the start and 31 (25%) at the adjournment of sitting. A maximum of 53 members (43%) were observed to be present at one point of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of JI, PPPP and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House suspended the entire agenda to hold debate on the western route of the important project, CPEC.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twelve lawmakers – PTI (4), PPPP, PML-N and QWP (2 each) and one each of JI and JUI-F –took part in the debate for 81 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted five supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) witnessed introduction of three government bills on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, July 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted nine resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…