ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2015: The National Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Monday during second sitting of its 26th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The House offered prayers for deceased PPPP lawmaker Makhdoom Amin Fahim.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The National Assembly met for forty minutes
- The sitting started at 1635 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present in the House
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting
- 79 MNAs (23%) were present at outset and 71 (20%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, APML, and BNP were present
- Three minority members were present
Order and Institutionalization
- Eleven lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order consuming thirty minutes of the proceeding. The members paid their tribute to late Makhdom Amin Fahim.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 2, 2019: The National Assembly was prorogued sine die on Wednesday amidst a lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.…
ISLAMABAD, October 1, 2019: The National Assembly took up most of the Private Members’ bills on Tuesday and left the resolutions, motions and amendments in the…
ISLAMABAD, September 30, 2019: The National Assembly transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed two government bills, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…