ISLAMABAD, December 18, 2015: The National Assembly completed most of its tenth sitting’s agenda before the 27th session was prorogued on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The National Assembly met for two hours and 51 minutes
- The sitting started at 1034 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting
- Eleven Federal Ministers attended the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting
- 28 MNAs (8%) were present at outset and 24 (7%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of APML, AMLP, JI, QWP-S and PML were present
- Ten minority members were present
- Thirteen members applied for leave
- The Chairman Special Committee presented the report of the committee on allotment and cancellation of Kiosks by Capital Development Authority in Islamabad. On the motion of the Chairman, the House considered and adopted the report of the Special Committee.
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs laid before the House the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015.
- On behalf of the Federal Minister for Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics & Privatization, the relevant Parliamentary Secretary presented before the House the Special Audit Report on Clearance of Circular Debt of Power Sector and the Annual Report of the State Bank of Pakistan on the State of Pakistan’s Economy for the year 2014-2015.
- The periodic reports of two standing committees could not be taken up due to absence of the relevant chairpersons.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Six members including the concerned Federal Minister discussed a Motion under Rule 259 regarding the performance of ministry of Interior & Narcotics Control for two hours and 15 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on three Points of Order consuming three minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
To download this factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 20, 2019: The National Assembly discussed the federal budget on Thursday but was adjourned due to missing quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2019: The Leader of the Opposition formally opened debate on the Federal Budget 2019-20 in National Assembly on Wednesday, after a consensus was developed…
ISLAMABAD, June 18, 2019: The proceedings of National Assembly remained suspended on Tuesday for an hour and 59 minutes (67 % of the total duration) due…