- Adopts Resolution to Reject Indian Allegations Regarding Pulwama Attack
ISLAMABAD, February 20, 2019: The National Assembly started two hours and 32 minutes behind schedule and lasted 17 minutes on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factshseet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first sitting of the eighth session:
- The Assembly met for 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1832 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader were not present.
- As many as 120 lawmakers (35%) were present at the outset and 149 (44%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of GDA, PML and PML-N attended the sitting.
- A newly elected member of PTI took oath.
- As many as five out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House adopted a resolution strongly rejecting Indian allegations seeking to link the Pulwama attack to Pakistan and called upon to put an immediate halt to the continued human rights violations in Indian Occupied Kashmir.
- The House did not take up any agenda item on `Orders of Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on February 21, 2019 (Thursday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance…
SLAMABAD, March 20,2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a resolution against the slogans raised in the women's March on International Women…
ISLAMABAD, March 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) deferred debate on Annual Development Program and discussed steps for rehabilitation of damaged…