ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued pre-budget discussion on Friday and consumed 89 percent of the proceedings on it, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 43rd sitting of the fourth session:
- The House met for four hours. However, the proceedings remained suspended for six minutes due to Azan breaks.
- The sitting started at 1610 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 24 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 29 minutes
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 35 minutes.
- As many as 54 lawmakers (32%) were present at the commencement and 65 (39%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and TLP attended the sitting.
- As many as eight out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House continued debate on pre-budget and also discussed the Budget Execution Reports for first three quarters of ongoing fiscal year. As many as nine lawmakers – PPPP (4), MQMP & PTI (two each) and TLP (one) – participated in debate consuming three hours and 33 minutes.
- Moved by Provincial Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed a motion to continue pre-budget discussion in next sitting on Monday.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on April 29, 2019 (Monday) at 1300 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of its regular business due to lack of quorum on Tuesday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Tuesday left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour and unanimously adopted a supplementary resolution to…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly addressed most of its agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers on Monday, observes Free…