ISLAMABAD, February 2, 2018: The Punjab Assembly did not hold the Question Hour on Friday due to absence of the concerned minister, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the 34th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1053 hours against the scheduled time 0900 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 18 MPAs (5%) were present at outset and 13 (4%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders were present during the proceedings.
- As many as two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Minister for Finance presented three Audit Reports before the House.
- The House granted two-month extension to the Standing Committees on Food, Finance, Home, Agriculture, Communications and Services & General Administration for presentation of their reports.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House deferred the Question Hour and four Adjournment Motions due to absence of the concerned minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised three Points of Order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again at 1400 hours on Monday.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…