ISLAMABAD, February 5, 2018: The Punjab Assembly unanimously adopts a resolution supporting Kashmiris’ struggle for freedom from India, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the 34th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for an hour and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1524 hours against the scheduled time 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 27 MPAs (7%) were present at outset and 45 (12%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PTI and JI were present during the proceedings.
- As many as five minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House unanimously adopted a government resolution expressing its support to the freedom struggle in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir. The House demanded immediate implementation on the UN resolutions granting the people of Kashmir right to self-determination. The resolution also recommended the federal government to extend full diplomatic, moral and political support to Kashmiris. As many as 29 lawmakers expressed their opinion on this issue consuming an hour and 31 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again at 1000 hours on Tuesday.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…