ISLAMABAD, February 12, 2018: The Punjab Assembly’s sitting continued for only 19 minutes on Monday while the Chair deferred the regular business of the House for a later sitting, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eleventh sitting of the 34th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1545 hours against the scheduled time 1400 hours.
- The Deputy speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 14 MPAs (4%) were present at outset and 40 (11%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders were present during the sitting.
- As many as two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up the legislative business included in the Orders of the Day.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Only one out of 12 Starred Questions was taken up for answers during the proceedings. The lawmakers asked two supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised four Points of Order consuming five minutes of the proceedings.
- The Opposition lawmakers staged a walkout for five minutes against the absence of the departmental secretaries during the Question Hour.
- The Chair adjourned the House to meet again on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 1000 hours.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, December 10, 2018: The Punjab Assembly on Monday debated health related issues and took up three Call Attention Notices (CANs), observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, December 07, 2018: The Punjab Assembly did not hold a scheduled discussion on health issues amidst lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, December 06, 2018: The Punjab Assembly held discussion on agricultural issues and grievances of sugarcane growers on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…