ISLAMABAD, January 16, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab was adjourned on Wednesday without addressing any business in honour of the late lawmaker Mazhar Abbas Raan who passed away yesterday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for 14 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1156 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 70 MPAs (19%) were present at the outset and the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- As many as three out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers raised Points of Order (POs) consuming five minutes of the proceedings. They suggested the Chair to adjourn the sitting in honour of the deceased PTI lawmaker.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 17, 2019 (Thursday) at 1130 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on the Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on the Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh continued discussion on an adjournment motion about rolling back of the 18th Constitutional Amendment by the federal…
ISLAMABAD, April 18 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh debated an adjournment motion about rolling back of the 18th Constitutional Amendment by the federal government, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 17 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh took up most of its business appearing on the Orders of the Day on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair…