ISLAMABAD, May 14, 2018: The Provincial Finance Minister presented the Supplementary Budget Statement for 2017-2018 in the Punjab Assembly on Monday amidst opposition’s protest against former Prime Minister’s statement regarding Mumbai attacks, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 36th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1711 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for 28 minutes.
- As many as 110 MPAs (30%) were present at outset and 160 (43%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PTI and JI attended the sitting.
- As many as six minority lawmakers also attended the sitting.
- Provincial Finance Minister presented the Supplementary Budget Statement and Revised Estimates for the financial year 2017-2018 in the House. She spoke for 14 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Leader of the Opposition spoke on a Point of Order; however, the Chair expunged his remarks.
- Entire opposition lawmakers staged a protest for 18 minutes against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s statement regarding Mumbai attacks.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on May 15, 2018 at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…