ISLAMABAD, June 1, 2017: The Senate of Pakistan took up Calling Attention Notices regarding Islamic Military Alliance and Indian role in Afghanistan while continuing the discussion on Budget 2017-18, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of 5th sitting of 263rd session:
- The Senate met for an hour and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1330 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House was present for 56 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PkMAP, PPPP, BNP-M, JUI-F, PML-F, PTI, NP and JI attended the sitting.
- Twenty Senators (19% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 22 (21%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority Senators attended the sitting.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat presented the report of the committee on the Islamabad Capital Territory Senior Citizens Board Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Three Senators participated in the debate on Finance Bill 2017 consuming 42 minutes of the proceedings.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) related to Saudi-led Islamic Military Alliance and killing of 15 Indians in the massive ordnance air attack by the US military in Nangarhar province of Afghanistan. The Advisor to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs responded to these notices.
- State Minister for Water and Power made a statement in the House on three points of public importance related to electricity load-shedding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 9, 2017: The Senate passed the Illegal Dispossession (Amendment) Bill, 2017 on Friday while 15 lawmakers raised Points of Public Importance consuming an hour…
ISLAMABAD, June 8, 2017: The Senate on Thursday unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn the terrorist incidents on the Parliament and the mausoleum of Imam…
ISLAMABAD, June 7, 2017: The Chairman Senate on Wednesday announced to accept withdrawal of Senator Nehal Hashmi’s resignation and the House debated disappearance of retired…