ISLAMABAD, September 24, 2018: The Provincial assembly of Sindh held general discussion on budget for the remaining nine months of current financial year (2018-19), observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of proceedings during 2nd sitting of the second session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for four hours and five minutes; however the proceedings remained suspended for six minutes due to Azan break.
- The sitting started at 1503 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for three hours and two minutes while the Deputy speaker chaired the rest of the sitting.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition and the parliamentary leaders have not been notified.
- As many as 76 lawmakers (45%) were present at the outset and 56 lawmakers (34%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- As many as four out of nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 15 lawmakers participated in the discussion on budget statement for the remaining nine months of current financial year 2018-19. The discussion continued for three hours and 29 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 25, 2018 (Tuesday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2019: The Provincial Government presented the Sindh Finance Bill, 2019 in the Assembly amid protest by the Opposition lawmakers on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh addressed its entire business scheduled for Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily…
ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted a resolution to condemn the arrest of former President Asif Ali Zardari by National Accountability Bureau, observes…