ISLAMABAD, March 31, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was prorogued sine die on Friday after transaction of the business appearing on Orders of the Day, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during last (4th) sitting of the 31st session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hours and 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1054 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Chief Minister attended the proceedings for 13 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 31 minutes.
- Twenty-six lawmakers (16%) were present at the start and 68 (41%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI were present.
- Seven minority members attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for leave.
- The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs presented the Budget Execution Report for second Quarter of 2016-17 before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Five Starred Questions were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers. The lawmakers also asked 15 Supplementary Questions.
- The House took up five Call Attention Notices (CANs) on various issues of public importance.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order, consuming 12 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available on website of the Assembly.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings, conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2017: The Sindh Assembly passed the Gabmat University of Medical Sciences (Amendment) Bill, 2017 as supplementary agenda amid protest by main opposition…
ISLAMABAD, April 17, 2017: The Sindh Assembly passed the Ilma University Bill, 2016, moved as supplementary agenda and left most its regular agenda unaddressed on…
ISLAMABAD, April 17, 2017: The Sindh Assembly on Monday adopted a motion censuring a PTI lawmaker for passing negative remarks against the Provincial Assembly and…