ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2018: The Balochistan government introduced the Balochistan Finance Bill 2018 in the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan on Saturday proposing to bring private healthcare establishment in the tax net, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first sitting of the Assembly’s 49th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 32 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1638 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 32 lawmakers (49%) were present at the outset and 30 (46%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of NP, PkMAP, MWM and ANP were present during the proceedings.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Eleven members applied for leave.
- The Advisor to the Chief Minister on Excise and Taxation introduced the Balochistan Finance Bill 2018 proposing to bring private healthcare establishment in the tax net. It was referred to the relevant committee for further consideration.
- The Standing Committee on Services & General Administration, Inter-provincial Coordination, Law & Parliamentary Affairs, Prosecution and Human Rights presented a report on the Balochistan House Islamabad. The House adopted the report while deferring another report of the committee regarding creation of third cadre for Assistant Executive Officers.
- The House also adopted a report of the Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges on amendments in the Balochistan Assembly Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business, 1974.
- The Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs proposed amendments to the Balochistan Assembly Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business, 1974.The House referred these amendments to the relevant committee for further consideration.
- A member of the House Finance Committee presented a report of the committee regarding Legislative Allowance for the year 2012-13.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House adopted a motion to declare the Assembly Hall as polling station for the Senate elections to be held on March 3, 2018.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a Point of Order for one minute.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 31, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan deferred question hour due to absence of relevant ministers and also left most of its other…
ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly left 80 percent agenda unaddressed and debated impact of energy crisis on agriculture sector, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, March 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not consider five private members’ resolutions on Friday and was adjourned due to lack quorum,…