ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the years 2018-19, 2019-20 and delay in National Finance Commission (NFC) Award during the requisitioned session on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first and last sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for four hours and four minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for 36 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1704 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 46 minutes in the absence of the Speaker while rest of the sitting was chaired by a member of Panel of Chairpersons.
- The Leaders of the House attended the proceedings for an hour and 14 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 22 MPAs (32%) were present at the outset and 19 (28%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of ANP, BNP, BAP, PkMAP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
The House held discussion on Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for financial year 2018-19 and 2019-20, delay in National Finance Commission (NFC) Award, cases against political workers and issues being faced by teachers of Community Schools and employees of Balochistan Development Authority. As many as 19 lawmakers participated in discussion for three hours and three minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seven lawmaker raised Points of Order consuming 20 minutes of the proceedings.
- An MMAP lawmaker protested for two minutes against the non-provision of development funds for his constituency.
- The lawmakers belonging to BNP, PkMAP and MMAP staged a token walkout against the government’s attitude with minorities.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2021: NA-75 Sialkot-IV (Daska) by-election held on April 10, 2021 witnessed low incidences of electoral violations as procedures were generally transparent and…