- Budget Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly witnessed one of its shortest sittings on Thursday when it met for five minutes in the presence of thirty-five lawmakers, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during last (6th) sitting of the (Budget) 42nd session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1150 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting while the Opposition Leader was not present.
- Thirty-five lawmakers (54%) were present at the outset and at the end of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML, PkMAP, NP, PML-N and MWM were present.
- Two minority members also attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- Minister for Finance laid the Schedule of Authorized Expenditure 2017-18 and Authenticated Schedule of authorized expenditures for the year 2016-17.
Order and Institutionalization
- One minute was consumed on a point of order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and issues related to law and order,…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2020: The requisitioned session of Balochistan Assembly concluded on Thursday after comprehensive debate on provincial matters including fencing in Gwadar city and…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, December 3, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its regular business on Thursday to express condolence over the sad demise…