- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, April 29, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 4th and last sitting of the 36th session:
- The House met for an hour and fifty minutes.
- The sitting started at 03:10 pm against the scheduled time of 12:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 20 minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by the deputy speaker.
- The leader of the house (chief minister) attended the sitting for 25 minutes.
- The leader of the opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 25 (38 percent) legislators were present at the start and 18 (28 percent) at the end of the sitting.
- Two out of three minority member were present.
- The parliamentary leaders of HDP, BNP-M, PTI, PkMAP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- The House adopted four resolutions demanding to give status of tehsil to `Toba Kakari’ comprising six union councils, set up sub-offices or centers of Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) at tehsil and district level, allocate quota in jobs and other administrative affairs for Rakshan Division and coordinate with federal government for steps to check practices against teachings of Islam.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two calling attention notices (CANs) related to delay in interviews of qualified candidates against vacant posts at PDMA and transfers of 211 policemen from Pishin to Quetta.
- Another CAN on the agenda was deferred due to absence of relevant minister. It was regarding allocation of six blocks of country to a company for exploring mineral reservoirs.
- The House took up all three starred questions on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…