ISLAMABAD, May 14, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan on Saturday adopted a resolution amid walkout by opposition parties during fifth sitting of its 28th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Some key observations are as follows:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hours and 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1625 hours against scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- Nineteen (30%) lawmakers were present at start and 21 (33%) at the time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition leader were absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP and PkMAP were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
- Tabled by PkMAP lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution urging the government to contact the Federal government to administer the matters of pension and benefits of the workers in the province. Three members spoke on resolution consuming 23 minutes of proceeding.
Order and Institutionalization
- Members spoke on seven Points of Order consuming 65 minutes of the proceeding.
- The opposition parties walked out of the House at 1636 hours on the issue of corruption in the province and did not return till the adjournment of sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 25, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted a resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, November 19, 2021: The Balochistan Assembly adopted two resolutions and deferred question hour on the request of relevant minister, observes Free and Fair Election…