ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan on Friday unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn bomb blast in the Civil Hospital, Quetta on August 8. The House offered fateha for the martyrs as well, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during only sitting of the 32nd session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for six hours and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1738 hours against scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- Twenty-eight (41%) lawmakers were present at the start and 23 (34%) at time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for five hours 49 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, JUI-F, ANP, BNP, PML, MWM and PkMAP were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Two members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Provincial Home Minister, the House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn bomb blast in the Civil Hospital, Quetta on August 8. 28 lawmakers expressed their views on resolution consuming five hours and 58 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalizations
- Eight Points of Order consumed ten minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions and debated an adjournment motion regarding Governor’s disinterest in the Assembly business,…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed a resolution and debated an Adjournment Motion regarding blasphemy incident in Sweden, says Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 11, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted half of its agenda, adopted two resolutions, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…