ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2016: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan on Friday unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn bomb blast in the Civil Hospital, Quetta on August 8. The House offered fateha for the martyrs as well, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during only sitting of the 32nd session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for six hours and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1738 hours against scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- Twenty-eight (41%) lawmakers were present at the start and 23 (34%) at time of adjournment of sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker is lying vacant.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for five hours 49 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, JUI-F, ANP, BNP, PML, MWM and PkMAP were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Two members applied for leave.
- Tabled by the Provincial Home Minister, the House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn bomb blast in the Civil Hospital, Quetta on August 8. 28 lawmakers expressed their views on resolution consuming five hours and 58 minutes of the proceeding.
Order and Institutionalizations
- Eight Points of Order consumed ten minute of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceeding conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly’s 18th session was prorogued sine die on Thursday leaving most of its scheduled business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, December 23, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan left most of the agenda unaddressed due to low attendance and Opposition's protest on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan took up entire Private Members’ agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair…