ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2019: The Sindh Assembly on Wednesday continued debate on the budget statement for the year 2019-20 and supplementary budget statement for the year 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the 5th session:
- The House met for seven hours and nine minutes however, the proceedings remained suspended for six minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1205 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for three hours and 15 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 24 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for an hour and 58 minutes.
- As many as 32 MPAs (19%) were present at the outset and as many at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, TLP, MQMP and MMAP attended the proceedings.
- All nine minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 27 lawmakers – 14 of PPPP, five each of PTI and MQMP and three of GDA – participated in debate on the budget for six hours and 35 minutes.
- The Chief Minister made a statement on a Matter of Public Importance regarding campaign for eradication of polio in the province which consumed 15 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a Point of Order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 20, 2019 (Thursday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned early on Tuesday without addressing questions and Call Attention Notices included in the…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…