ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh concluded the general discussion on the annual budget for the year 2020-21, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 8th sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for three hours and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1435 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and Opposition attended the entire proceedings.
- As many as 31 MPAs (18%) were present at the outset and 58 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, GDA, MMA and PTI attended the sitting.
- As many as six out of nine minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) concluded the general discussion on provincial budget 2020-21 and spoke for an hour and 56 minutes. The Leader of the opposition also discussed it for an hour and 42 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- MQMP lawmakers opposed the provincial budget and protested during the proceedings for five minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 27, 2020 (Saturday) at 1200 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2020: The Senate deferred debate regarding hike in prices of medicines, electricity and basic food items and consumed major part of the…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2020: The Sindh Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Pakistan Islands Development Authority Ordinance and demanded the federal…
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2020: The absence of provincial cabinet ministers during first sitting of the 28th session of Balochistan Assembly led to the adjournment of proceedings,…