ISLAMABAD, September 26, 2018: The Senate consumed major part of its proceedings in debate on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill 2018 on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of fifth sitting of 282nd session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 15 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 43 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of JI, PTI, PML-N, BNP-M and JUI-F attended the sitting.
- Eleven members (10% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and 19(18%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority Senators also attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as eight lawmakers took part in the debate on the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill, 2018 consuming an hour and 40 minutes (66%) of the proceedings.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding 17,270 vacant posts of Balochistan against six percent quota in various departments.
- Another CAN on the agenda was deferred due to absence of relevant minister. It was regarding cancellation of Coalition Support Fund by USA.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 28, 2018 (Friday) at 1030 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, July 16, 2021: The Senate passed three government bills on Friday which were considered in the House as supplementary business amid protest…
ISLAMABAD, July 14, 2021: The Senate took up 83 percent of its agenda on Wednesday and consumed 42 percent of the proceedings in points of…
ISLAMABAD, July 13, 2021: The Senate transacted 90 percent of its agenda on Tuesday and referred a government bill to the relevant committee, observes Free…