SLAMABAD, March 20,2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a resolution against the slogans raised in the women’s March on International Women Day. observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Wednesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 59 minutes. However, the proceedings remained suspended for 48 minutes due to breaks.
- The sitting started at 1438 hours against the scheduled time of 1330 hours
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hour and 12 minutes while a member of the Panel of chairpersons presided over the rest of the sitting. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for two hours and 12 minutes.
- As many as 56 MPAs (45%) were present at the outset while 25 (20%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PMLQ, PMLN and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by MMAP lawmaker as supplementary agenda, The House unanimously adopted the resolution condemning the messages displayed on the International Women’s Day by the participants of Women March. As many as 11 lawmakers debated the resolution.
- Moved by the Minister for Law, the House passed the Pak-Austria Fachhochschule Institute of Applied Sciences & Technology, Haripur Bill.
- The Minister for Law introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Promotion, Protection and Enforcement of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the House.
- A PTI Lawmaker introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Provincial Buildings (Management, Control and Allotment) (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Law responded to a Question of Privilege moved by MMAP lawmaker. The minister assured the lawmaker to address his concern.
- The Minister for Law responded to a Call Attention Notice (CAN) regarding the issue of underage driving and one -wheeling by the young motorcyclists.
- Another (CAN) was not taken up due to the absence of the mover.
- As many as four lawmakers -ANP two, PPPP and PTI one each- participated in the discussion on the rehabilitation of damaged infrastructure in the Tribal District. They spoke on it for 40 minutes.
- The House did not hold the discussion on issues of posting/transfer and appointments of government employees and delay in the announcement of National Finance Commission (NFC) Award.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as three lawmakers raised two Points of Order consuming eight minutes of the proceedings.
- A lawmaker belonging to PTI pointed out quorum at 1836 hours which was found incomplete and the sitting was adjourned to meet again on March 26, 2019 at 1330 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Punjab Assembly consumed major part of the proceeding in points of order and deferred question hour due to…