ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Saturday continued general discussion on the Provincial Annual Budget for financial year 2019-20, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 23 minutes
- The sitting started at 1100 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the proceedings for two hours and 30 minutes.
- Fifty-one legislators (41%) were present at the outset and 47 (38%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PPPP, PML-Q and ANP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness.
- As many as 13 lawmakers – PTI (four), MMAP (three), PML-N & PPPP (two each) and ANP & PML (one each) – participated in the discussion that continued for three hours and ten minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers raised Points of Order consuming three minutes of the proceedings.
- The lawmakers belonging to PPPP, MMAP and ANP protested on floor of the House for two minutes regarding non-availability of funds for Southern Districts.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 24 (Monday) at 1430 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The 9th session of Sindh Assembly was prorogued on Friday after two days debate on measures to tackle COVID-19, observes…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan (MMAP) lawmaker…
ISLAMABAD, June 5, 2020: The Senate took up its entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn violation of human rights in…