ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) started debate on the Supplementary Budget 2018-19 on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during seventh sitting of the seventh session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 36 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1430 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- Sixty-five legislators (52%) were present at the outset and 50 (40%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML, PPPP, MMAP and ANP attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of 20 lawmakers participated in the Supplementary Budget Debate for three hours and 25 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- An MMAP lawmaker staged a walkout from the proceedings for eight minutes against non-allocation of budget for his constituency.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 28, 2019 (Friday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up any question related to the Home and Local Government Departments due to the absence of…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2020: Around two-thirds of registered voters for GBA-3 Gilgit-III came out to vote in a peaceful election held a week after the…