ISLAMABAD, May 6, 2016: Starting 17 minutes behind the scheduled time, the fourth and last sitting of 17th session of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free and Fair Election Network on Friday.
The sitting started at 1517 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours with 40 lawmakers (32%) present at the start and 29 (23%) at the time of adjournment.
Following are some key observations of the assembly proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started 1517 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The House had two breaks for tea and prayers consuming 46 minutes of the sitting.
- Forty lawmakers (32%) were present at the start and 29 (23%) at the end of the sitting.
- Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, PPPP and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Thirteen members applied for leave.
- The House witnessed introduction of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Ehtesab Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2016 while the Khyber Pakhtukhwa Health Foundation Bill, 2016 was also considered.
- Two reports on the agenda were not considered by the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices to upgrade health centres in Domail and initiate relief efforts in Shangla after heavy rains there.
- Eight out of 11 starred questions appearing on the agenda were answered by the relevant departments while the MPAs also raised four supplementary questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1810 hours which led to the adjournment of the sitting due to presence of lawmakers less than 25 percent.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and witnessed introduction of three government bills, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…