ISLAMABAD, February 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned five minutes after the commencement of proceeding due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the fifth session:
- The Assembly met for five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1411 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as seven MPAs (6%) were present at the outset and 12 (10%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- All three minority members were absent.
- The House did not take up the legislative business, calling attention notices, adjournment motions, privilege motion and questions on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- An ANP lawmaker pointed out the quorum three minutes after the commencement of the sitting following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung for two minutes. Upon counting, the quorum was found incomplete and the House was adjourned to meet again on February 25, 2019 (Monday) at 1330 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2021: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed half of the proceedings’ time in discussion on public matters,…
ISLAMABAD, January 22, 2021: The National Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday and was adjourned as a mark of respect for…
ISLAMABAD, January 19, 2021: Despite COVID-19 associated challenges, the PS-52 Umer Kot-II by-elections witnessed an encouraging male and female turnout with low incidence of procedural…