ISLAMABAD, April 5, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s (KP) sitting lasted for four minutes only on Friday amidst absence of the key members including Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Chief Minister and Leader of the Opposition, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 11th sitting of the sixth session:
- The House met for four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1332 hours against the scheduled time of 1330 hours.
- A member of the Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition were not present.
- As many as six MPAs (5%) were present at the outset while nine (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders and the minority lawmakers attended the proceedings.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday April 8, 2019 at 1330 hours after a PTI lawmaker identified the lack of quorum right after the recitation of Holy Quran.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, January 17, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and continued debate on the annual report of the National Commission on…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2020: The National Assembly passed the University of Islamabad Bill, 2019 and was prorogued on Wednesday after transacting half of…
ISLAMABAD, January 14, 2020: The exchange of hot words between the treasury and the opposition benches ultimately led to the early adjournment of National Assembly…