ISLAMABAD, April 28, 2017: The fourth sitting of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned due to lack of quorum and without addressing its regular agenda on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in the Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 43 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1035 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Twenty-eight lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 26 (21%) at the end of sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leader of PML-N was present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The entire agenda appearing on Orders of the Day remained unaddressed due to early adjournment of the sitting over lack of quorum.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as two out of 15 Starred Questions were responded to by the government. The lawmakers asked four Supplementary Questions.
Order and Institutionalization
- One Point of Order consumed five minutes of the proceedings.
- A PTI lawmaker pointed out quorum at 1041 hours but the House was found in order.
- A QWP lawmaker pointed out quorum at 1115 hours that led to the adjournment of the sitting.
- Orders of the Day was available for the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available for the observers and media.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, April 9, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and deferred debate on an adjournment motion regarding law and…